Friday, August 12, 2011

Well that was upsetting (Never Let Me Go- 18)


“So that feeling came again, even though I tried to keep it out: that we were doing all of this too late; that there'd once been a time for it, but we'd let it go by, and there was something ridiculous, reprehensible even, about the way we were now thinking and planning.” (page 241)

I am upset. So, I've been waiting for Tommy and Kathy to finally get together. But, it's too late now. Tommy has had his third donation now and he is about to give his fourth. I have a question too, how many donations to they give? And how are they not  dead after the third or fourth? I really am upset that it's too late for Kathy and Tommy. Even if Madame agrees to give Kathy and Tommy a deferral to be together longer, how is Tommy going to survive very long? Wouldn't normal people be basically lifeless at this stage? I just hope that there is a somewhat happy ending for this book. I can't take another depressing ending like Brave New World. As long as Kathy doesn't kill herself, I think I can manage. 

I'd like to say that I'm actually getting into this book, I didn't think I would. But the fact that I was upset when I found out about Kathy and Tommy, showed me that I like this book. Who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment