Friday, August 12, 2011

The end (Never Let Me Go- 20)


"I keep thinking about this river somewhere, with the water moving really fast. And these two people in the water, trying to hold onto each other, holding on as hard as they can, but in the end it's just too much. The current's too strong. They've got to let go, drift apart. That's how I think it is with us. It's a shame, Kath, because we've loved each other all our lives. But in the end, we can't stay together forever" (page 282)


Even though I was disappointed with everything that had happened in the last couple of chapters, overall I really did enjoy this book. It was very insightful and in the end it had a really good message about friendship and love. Kathy and Tommy really showed how innocent and good friendship can be and how good friends are there for each other. Throughout the entire book, Kathy and Tommy showed how important friendship was, and even though they didn't get their happy ending, they still had a really great friendship. I also really liked the first person point of view for the narrator. It was a lot different after reading Brave New World. I was able to connect to Kathy and really understand the type of person she was. I don't think I would have liked this book as much if it were told in a different perspective. Also, the concept of cloning and inhumane practices arose in this book as well and it has a lot to teach people who live in today's society. Life isn't something that we can just throw away and practice on. We can't clone people. We are all apart of God's creation and I think that people forget about how valuable life is sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Great analysis throughout. It seems that the book kept your mind thinking the whole way through!

    ReplyDelete